Tuesday 22 January 2013

with whatsapp and thaipusam:)

Vanakkam vanthanam, valga vazhamudan, valarga tamizhudan.

It's a breathtaking moment in the history of mankind, as this is the first time I'm writing a blog. Lame, isn't it? I've seen a lot of blogs before, but never before was I inspired to write something of my own. So, why the sudden interest? - you may ask.

It all started when i was lying on bed, facing my Galaxy Y's screen, with my fingers playing on it, wondering what on earth can I do to kill the time. It was not long before I decided to check on my friends in Whatsapp. So, now the title is making some sense, right?

Why on earth does it have a phone symbol? =='

As I was scrolling down the chat list, my eyes caught a friend of mine. There was her name, right in front of my eyes- Kausalya Mohana Selvam. It have been quite some time since I last chatted with her. So I decided to buzz her, and what I got was a immediate reply. Little did I know that the conversation we were having will lead to something bigger.

We chatted about a lot of stuffs, and then it finally came to this topic. Yeah you may have guessed it - Thaipusam. I'm going to take "paal kudam" this year (again, a breathtaking moment in the history of mankind), so I was discussing about it with her. That is when she told me "Actually got one reason why we take paal kudam, but many people don't realise it."

Why do hindus take paal kudam?

As curiosity hit me, I asked her more and more. In return, she answered me more and more. Our conversation lead to many other related topics, and that is the moment we decided to get into a mission - to share the real beauty of Thaipusam with others:)

Why do we see these kind of things in thaipusam? What does it mean?
 Together- me, Kausalya, Shanmugam and a proud resident of Batu Caves, Elanchelian -are digging up facts and fictions. Coming up soon, you will know what is the real meaning of Thaipusam. Some of you guys out there may have known about Thaipusam clearly, but I'm pretty sure there are some of us who will find these discoveries quite new to them. So, stay tuned guys!

#coming soon: thaipusam- are we choosing the right path?


3 comments:

  1. well, as i know it goes like this.. Thaipusam is a combination of 2 words.. THAI + PUSAM... Thai indicates the name of the month (months between jan-feb in english calender) and PUSAM refers to a star.

    as i know to make things easier,
    The day when Lord Murugan's Mother (Amman) gave him a Spear, also called as Vel to defeat a evil, SOORABATHMAN is the day refered as THAIPUSAM...

    Shatish Rao

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'WHY HINDUS TAKE PAAL KUDAM'..... i dont know whether is true or nt, bt as i heard la, 'its to lessen our burden of bad karmas we have created. d0nt know wherther its true or nt.....

    and... THERE IS ANOTHER REASON FOR CELEBRATING THAIPUSAM!

    on the same day our LORD SHIVA dance his ANANTHA THANDA and reveals his another avatar called NADARAJA to his devas at a temple in Chidambaram... That;s the reason why thaipusam is celebrated in both shiva n murugan temple... EXAMPLE > each year a grand celebration for thaipusam will be held in MUNISWARAR temple, TAMPOI, JB...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaaaa :) heyy thanks mike! that would certainly be helpful for my upcoming post:) i will check out the facts that ew mentioned above ^^

    ReplyDelete