Saturday 25 January 2014

An adult in age, still a kid in heart:)

Aren't these round heads such cuties! :)
Everyone have birthdays, and since I am included in that group of everyone, I have a birthday too! Along with all other January babies, my birthday falls on the 24th of January every year. What makes this year a special one until it triggered me to write a blog post on it? If you guess that it is because this year holds my 21st birthday, you are not quite there yet. It is actually because of what my friends and family did for my birthday this year. Yes, you heard it right, an experience that I would like to share with you guys in this post! And with that, I expect a round of applause from the audience.

*clap clap clap*
First of all, let me introduce the key players in this surprise game. In this story, we will frequently encounter this following brilliant characters: KevinNareshMoganaThanesh, and the secret master mind that observed the game from a distant spot, Lady X.

Apparently, I was made into believe that me, Kevin, and Thanesh is going for late night movie at Ipoh Lotus Five Stars theater nearby. I have to admit, it seemed real at that moment, maybe. On second thought, no. I may have guessed it, you guys just got lucky this time! So the journey eventually led us to a open space in front Ipoh Town Hall. Things seem pretty suspicious already hah? Out of nowhere, came Naresh, Subash and Mogana, screaming and grabbing me from behind, and that very moment, I saw it. The satisfied faces of Kevin and Thanesh after executing the secret plan.

A typical birthday surprise story will end up in the birthday boy or girl cutting a cake, awww. I was not even close to that typical normal story. There they brought it, a mega XL size chicken dumpling for me to cut on my birthday! Instead of a birthday-cake-cutting knife, I was given a pair of chopsticks. Yeah, you heard it right, chopsticks. And thus begins, the royal dumpling cutting and feeding ceremony.

My XL sized Birthday Chicken Dumpling!

Along with ceremony, came phone calls and text messages in a non-stop manner. Gosh, I love you guys, each and every of your wishes made my day extra special. You really thought I will say that? No, you guys are my friends after all, do your responsibility of wishing me on my birthday. Anyways, there came a call from an unknown number, which I know is from India. I just could not believe it is this girl who called me and wished me, but it is! I miss you girl, come back to Malaysia as soon as possible!

If my surprise celebration ended up in a such a nice manner, it just does not sound right, I know. That is what friends are for. With no sympathy or regret, I was attacked by eggs and flour from all corners known to human. Now I know the feeling of slimy egg parts getting into my T-shirt and trousers, totally euww. Egg and flour attacks at the middle of public, what more could I ask for? Luckily there was Subash to guide me to a public toilet nearby, allowing me to clean up myself in total wetness and remain like that for some time. Freezing cold, believe me.

Eggs can be deadly weapons when used at the right time.

That night ended in me taking a late-night super bath at Kevin's house and soaking my egg-decorated clothes in a pail of water. A sneak peak to the world of Facebook exposed me to the dozens of wishes my friends gave to me for my birthday. Not long after I came online, came Shanthi, also known as USM's Jyothika for some explicit reason. Before wishing me, she passed me another gift from this girl in India. Apparently this girl has asked Shanthi to pass me the gift on my birthday. Sentimental moments, tears of joy. I love it, seriously. Soon enough, this adult boy snoozed off to dreamland. 

The next day was an epic one. I could not have described it better, it is epic and with that, I mean total epic. Getting into my striking purple pants and newly-bought yellow T-shirt, I was picked up by the key players early in the morning. Little did they say where they were planning to bring me, and to make it more thrilling, I was blind-folded by a pair of big hands. Yeah, they are Naresh's. Not long after that, cool breeze began to wrap around my body and I suspected we are going up a high land or something like that. In a few minutes, all of us were greeted by the cool land of Cameron Highlands! The first thing we did once we reached there? Carving our names on the stone wall along the road, evergreen style.

Thanesh showing his skills in stone carving.

The rest of the day was spent by admiring Mother Nature, appreciating it's beauty and magnificence. Well, almost. Most of the time, we were busy admiring and appreciating ourselves, and of course, photo shoot sessions!









Have you ever heard of happiness beyond words to describe? Well this is one fine example of such. All of us went back to our respective homes after a tiring journey, well that is what I thought at that time! Little did I know that after sending me to Kevin's house, each of these key players met up and prepared a grand finale for the day. A short nap I took, and Naresh's text message woke me up. In minutes, I was dashed to an unknown destination, which turned out to be none other than his own house. Was his family alone in the house? No. There they were, the whole team with their family! With Thanesh playing with the chicken wings at the entrance, I was welcomed with POP firecrackers, tons of them.

Suddenly, there were new characters in the game! Presenting Swami Shanmugam, lovely Malathi, gorgeous Shanthinee, and cute Mahen anne into the plan, the surprise was yet to began. I was brought into the house, not as it is used to be, but with cheerful and colorful decorations throughout the house. On the table, a cake stood with pride. It turned out that the cake was made by Thanesh himself! The best gift one can get on his birthday is a home-made cake, designed specially for the birthday boy, and I was one such lucky boy.

OMG, that is such a cute little Spongebob candle! 
Thus the official cake cutting and feeding ceremony started, with each of my friend and family feeding me the lovely cake. Not everyone fed me cake actually, Mogana forced a tiny tomato into my mouth instead of cake. Revenge is coming soon Mogana, mark my words! The aroma of sizzling BBQ chickens and sausages, the taste of the thirst quenching cocktail, the list could go on forever. Such a beautiful night, and the clock stroked twelve o'clock after some time.

Each slice of cake marks another happiness into my life diary.


Just when I thought the day has finally come to an end, I received a package from Kevin, telling me that it is from someone special. I opened up the package and found out it was none other that the young lady in India. Dear young lady, everyone has a limit, until which they will be able to control their tears of sentiment. Continuous sentimental attacks in the form of love, care, and gifts, I won't be able to control myself more much longer. The gifts are certainly lovely, and they were totally unexpected. I have no words to say, thank you young lady.

I received many wonderful gifts and never-ever-could-I-forget experiences from my friends and family this year. I could write a novel on how special your presence and gifts are for me. But that ladies and gentlemen, is another story. 




2 comments:

  1. How to make money from sports betting - How to Make Money
    Making money is the most important skill for sports bettors. It's all about making money งานออนไลน์ from betting on the outcome of a game. You do it on

    ReplyDelete