Friday 22 August 2014

Bang Bang Bang!















The "Bang Bang Bang!" phenomena is shooting almost everyone since the release of N.Lingusamy's action thriller, Anjaan. By the time you finished reading my previous sentence, you would have been amazed by how cleverly I chose the word "shooting" to match with the "Bang Bang Bang!" sound. However, if that didn't amaze you, stay cool, forget about this, and proceed to the next paragraph.

There has been a lot of critics and reviews on this latest eye-candy, and with this, I mean really really really lot. There you go, you have my triple really lot, and that's rare.

Some trash the film hard down-to-the-core, making self-reflections on how they have wasted the three hours of their lives watching this film, which they could have used to achieve greater heights in life. Some may dedicate their lives to build a statue as a tribute to this amazing action-packed blockbuster. Some just take this film as a typical Indian masala film, blend with action, romance, comedy, and sentiments. 














You don't have to seek the answer Surya, you gave your best in this film, cheers! Anyway, there are many aspects of this film that I really enjoyed, and there are some I wish I could have enjoyed a bit more. See? That's totally a neutral way to comment on this film, you are getting good in this Sodium. 

So here you go, what Sodium enjoys about Anjaan, bang bang bang!








There is nothing to be questioned on this matter. Anjaan features two hunks with pure class and style, much to be anticipated by everyone on the release of Anjaan. Seeing Raju Bhai (Surya) and Chandru (Vidyut) on the big screen made most of the girls to go "OMG I am melting due to their burning handsomeness and scorching masculinity!" or "Raju Bhai, please marry me!".  It's not surprising, they are hot indeed. As for the boys, some of them silently admire and wish to follow Surya's and Vidyut's style in Anjaan. Some were just doing poker faces when their girlfriends talked about Raju Bhai and Chandru, throughout the film, non-stop mode. Whatever way it goes, I do feel that the stylish appearance of both Raju Bhai and Chandru is indeed one of the play-makers for the film.

Class, defined in tuxedo.

Style, defined with casual thug-like wear.








Throughout the film, we could see a cheeky Jeeva (Samantha) running here and there, showing off her cute expressions. I always love the part in a Tamil movie, where everyone would be scared of the hero's rowdy-like appearance but the heroine would treat the hero as though he is a cute little playful boy. Then, the heroine will admit that she loves the hero, the hero will play his tough-act and tries to show that he feels nothing alike, and then he eventually falls for the heroine. I know, I know, you have seen thousands of scenes like this, but heyy, it is still sweet! Apart from being totally fearless of Raju Bhai, Jeeva (Samantha) manages to lock him in the prison of love and they spend their lovey-dovey time together, awww!

Contrast to her appearance in Naan Ee, Samantha appears sexier and more seductive in Anjaan, tagging along with the movie's thug-like theme. All the pure good guys out there, close your eyes! This is so inappropriate, how could Samantha act like this, I can't believe this! Yeah I know the feel bro, but sorry I'm on the not-so-good-guys side, cheers!

You sure got some moves there Samantha!








Yuvan Shankar Raja, you sure know how to keep the momentum for a action-packed film. When the audio for Anjaan was launched, I downloaded all the songs and listened to them. I sort-of liked them then, and after watching the movie, I definitely love it! Well that how it usually goes for me, watching the movie gives me an extra effect in getting addicted to the songs. Maybe it's because I can recall the scenes back along the lyrics, giving me a visual experience in mind when I listen to the songs. Not to forget, with the help of Yuvan, Surya makes a grand entry to playback singing, Ek Do Teen Char!


The BGM for this film, it's catchy for sure. I could see a lot of people humming the tunes or singing the songs without themselves realizing it when they are doing something. The best part is, I am in this group of people too, yeay! How about you?








Well, I'm not a super-duper expert or professional on film productions, but I was once told that for all those amazing camera angles you see in movies, the credit goes to the cinematographer of the film. Whoever taught me that, thank you so much for enlightening this poor little curious soul:')

I owe one to you, whoever you are:')

Anyways, back to the story of cinematography and editing of the movie scenes, here it goes. Awwweeeesssommmmeeeee! (It is actually awesome in a more excited-teenager kinda tone.) I just love how the movie scenes were shot. From the mass introduction of Raju Bhai in the movie, to the the fighting scene where Surya uses a heavy rope with a metal hook at its end, everything seems like an eye-candy to me. It is definitely a treat to the eyes of the audience. Remember how the camera keeps exposing us to Raju Bhai's stick-in-the-mouth and Chandru's coin spinning habits? All those details, they definitely made an impact, at least for me.













Personally this is exactly what I think. The plot may be too mainstream as the story line is too common in the film industry. There are tons of films out there about a man seeking revenge for his brother/ sister/ friend/ etc after a series of betrayal or misfortune. As for the twists in the movie, I can't really say it is unpredictable. We have watched too much movies until we can actually predict what's going to happen next. So basically, in terms of plot, this movie has nothing much new to offer. In other words, this movie has its flaws as well.

However, that doesn't mean this is an overall failure, it has its bright side as well. Nevertheless, haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love, and those in the middle, will tend to stay in the middle:)


Signing off with a stick in mouth,






No comments:

Post a Comment